Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chalkboard Paint



Children's furniture designer, Jennifer Delonge's home...and her chalkboard wainscoting.


Images {1,2, 4 Randi Brookman Harris; 3 InStyle}

M y mom loves chalkboard paint, and is always trying to get me to incorporate it into design projects. It has taken me a while to warm to the idea, but it is especially great for children's spaces. I had one client who wanted to let her son paint all over the walls in his room (luckily I was able to talk her out of this idea)...but this may be the happy medium.

Another friend, and client, has the entire powder room of her very modern/very adult house, painted with chalkboard paint! There is a chair rail ledge running around the entire bathroom holding chalk....and when she entertains she writes a message to her guests and invites them to scribble little notes all over the walls. I was fortunate enough to be invited to a baby shower at her home and got a chance to participate in the bathroom graffiti of well wishes. Maybe next time she will let me take a photo...it is one of the coolest things I have ever seen!

And on my last trip to the paint store, I discovered glow-in-the-dark paint...another great idea for children's bedrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails